Massimiliano Allegri very close to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at United, according to report.
Solskjaer has endured a difficult start to the season, and the Premier League giants sit 15 points off the top just eight matches in.
And now, according to Tuttosport, United’s hierarchy are ready to act and are closing in on the appointment of former Juventus boss Allegri in a deal worth £6.5m a year.
It has been reported by the Italian paper that Allegri wants to bring former Liverpool midfielder Emre Can and Mario Mandzukic with him as he plans an overhaul at Old Trafford.
Last season, Jose Mourinho was sacked by Manchester United before Christmas and it now seems ever likelier that Solskjaer may suffer the same fate.
- Olympic boxing Six at London Olympic qualifier ‘test positive’ for coronavirus
- Three Man Utd players that have benefited most from Solskjaer’s arrival
- Juventus to offer Man Utd Dybala or Pjanic in Pogba transfer bid (Tuttosport)
- Xabi Alonso being similarly moulded to Gerrard for Liverpool return (Echo)
- Ajax talented midfielder, Nouri returns home after 32 months in coma