Zlatan Ibrahimovic has said Kylian Mbappe is the first player to excite him to the same extent as Brazilian striker Ronaldo.
Asked whether any modern-day player reminds him of Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic said Paris Saint-Germain’s frontman Mbappe excites him to the same degree.
“Maybe Mbappe makes the difference, he’s young, we hope he continues to work hard,” he said. “At 19 he is already a star. I hope he is still hungry and passionate about the game, to grow and do even more. It’s hard not to get your head together.”
- Olympic boxing Six at London Olympic qualifier ‘test positive’ for coronavirus
- Three Man Utd players that have benefited most from Solskjaer’s arrival
- Juventus to offer Man Utd Dybala or Pjanic in Pogba transfer bid (Tuttosport)
- Xabi Alonso being similarly moulded to Gerrard for Liverpool return (Echo)
- Ajax talented midfielder, Nouri returns home after 32 months in coma