Australian Open organizers said Saturday that U.S. Open champion Bianca Andreescu, Juan Martin del Potro and Richard Gasquet have withdrawn due to knee injuries.
According to TheScore, ”the Australian Open is unfortunately too soon in my rehab process and I sadly will not be able to play in it this year,” Andreescu said. ”It was a very tough decision to make as I love to play in Melbourne but I have to respect the recuperation plan for my knee and body.”
Tournament officials said on Twitter that Gasquet had withdrawn with a knee injury while del Potro was also recovering from a knee ailment.
The tournament begins Jan. 20 in Melbourne.
- Olympic boxing Six at London Olympic qualifier ‘test positive’ for coronavirus
- Three Man Utd players that have benefited most from Solskjaer’s arrival
- Juventus to offer Man Utd Dybala or Pjanic in Pogba transfer bid (Tuttosport)
- Xabi Alonso being similarly moulded to Gerrard for Liverpool return (Echo)
- Ajax talented midfielder, Nouri returns home after 32 months in coma
- Roger Federer donates to a newly established emergency assistance fund
- Federer to miss French Open after undergoing Knee surgery
- Djokovic defeats Federer to proceed to Australian Open final
- Thiem defeats Rafael Nadal in the Australian Open semi-final
- Roger Federer beats Tennys Sandgren in quarter-finals (BBC)