Luis Suarez will miss four months after being operated on his right knee, the official sources say.
It is now fair to say that the 32-year-old’s season is over.
Earlier on, it was expected that it would take just six weeks for the Uruguayan striker to recover after surgery.
Suarez was forced to have surgery at the end of last season. The Uruguayan missed two La Liga fixtures and Copa del Rey final on May 25.
- Xavi: I want to coach Barca & would sign wingers like Neymar, Sancho & Gnabry
- Chelsea ‘enquire about Real Madrid’s Hakimi’ as Lampard looks to bolster options
- Juventus Players Agree to Significant Pay Cut During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Lampard says Hudson-Odoi has “fully recovered” from coronavirus.
- Vela says LAFC vetoed potential loan to Barcelona