The Bianconeri announced the renewal on their official website: “This wonderful adventure between Szczesny and Juventus will therefore continue until 2024 and there is no doubting this is a deserved renewal, because Wojciech is a great goalkeeper. Good luck!”
Szczesny’s new deal is an endorsement of how effectively he has replaced Juve legend Gianluigi Buffon between the sticks.
Szczesny moved to Turin in 2017 following a troubled end to his spell with Arsenal. He had become the first choice for the Gunners during the 2010/11 season, immediately showcasing terrific athleticism as a shot-stopper capable of the spectacular.
- Vela says LAFC vetoed potential loan to Barcelona
- Ronaldo to accept €3.8m wage cut due to current coronavirus crisis (Tuttosport)
- ‘Season will probably be lost’ if play doesn’t resume by late June, says UEFA Chief
- Olympic boxing Six at London Olympic qualifier ‘test positive’ for coronavirus
- Three Man Utd players that have benefited most from Solskjaer’s arrival