Philippe Coutinho has ruled out an emotional Liverpool return claiming he is on “another journey”.
The Brazilian is on loan at Bayern Munich from Barcelona but his future remains uncertain as the Catalans want to sell while the Bundesliga champs do not want to buy.
Coutinho, 27, left Anfield for the Nou Camp in an eye-watering £145million deal in January 2018.
But after a frustrating 18 months at Barca, he made the switch to Munich in a £19million loan move last summer.
And only yesterday, reports emerged suggesting the playmaker had agreed to part ways with Barca this summer.
He said: “I don’t look back. I took another path, and now I am on another journey, much like everyone else.
“I’m focused entirely – just like them – on reaching my dreams.
“I’m happy with what I did in the past, and now I can only look forward.”
- Tite: Only Messi and Ronaldo were better than Neymar when he was at Barca
- Van Persie explains moment Sir Alex Ferguson humiliated stars after derby defeat
- Nigerian Winger Abbas On RB Leipzig Radar For Switch From Kasimpasa
- Coronavirus crisis could see Ronaldo leave Juventus (Il Messaggero)
- Januzaj reveals Man Utd are his second team and Pogba is his favourite player