The Reds skipper has been in fantastic form for Jurgen Klopp’s side as they have romped towards ending their long wait for a Premier League title.
Liverpool are currently 22 points clear at the top of the table, with Henderson having featured in all-but one of their 25 games, of which they’ve won a staggering 24, drawing the other.
The former Sunderland man has proven his attacking worth of late, with two goals and two assists in his last three appearances, and Robertson says he is finally getting the recognition he deserves.
”For me, I think he’s the leading candidate [for player of the year],” Robertson told Sky Sports News. “At times this season when we’ve struggled Hendo has been the one that has driven us forward.
“He’s the one who has made sure we don’t get slack, or he has chipped in with some really important goals or really important assists.
- Vela says LAFC vetoed potential loan to Barcelona
- Ronaldo to accept €3.8m wage cut due to current coronavirus crisis (Tuttosport)
- ‘Season will probably be lost’ if play doesn’t resume by late June, says UEFA Chief
- Olympic boxing Six at London Olympic qualifier ‘test positive’ for coronavirus
- Three Man Utd players that have benefited most from Solskjaer’s arrival