Inter Milan came from behind to steal the show with a 4-2 win over City rivals (Milan Derby) Ac Milan on Sunday.
The Rossoneri came flying out of the gate, getting goals from Ante Rebic and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to take what appeared to be a commanding lead into the interval. Milan were quicker, sharper, and fully deserving of their advantage following the opening 45 minutes.
Inter were surprisingly flat after watching Juventus slip up on Saturday and open the door in the title race.
But whatever Antonio Conte said in the dressing room at halftime worked wonders.
An excellent volley from Marcelo Brozovicand Matias Vecino’s close-range finish – converted less than two minutes apart – put Conte’s side level within ten minutes of the restart.
After a brief lull in the whirlwind action, Stefan de Vrij gave Inter the lead with a fantastic header in the 70th minute. Ibrahimovic hit the post with a late opportunity of his own before Romelu Lukaku cemented a now-famous comeback victory, putting a powerful header away in the waning seconds.
- Olympic boxing Six at London Olympic qualifier ‘test positive’ for coronavirus
- Three Man Utd players that have benefited most from Solskjaer’s arrival
- Juventus to offer Man Utd Dybala or Pjanic in Pogba transfer bid (Tuttosport)
- Xabi Alonso being similarly moulded to Gerrard for Liverpool return (Echo)
- Ajax talented midfielder, Nouri returns home after 32 months in coma