Brazil defender Thiago Silva has hit back at Argentina captain Lionel Messi over his comments regarding the referees, and claimed that the Barcelona star did similar things when they faced Paris Saint-Germain two years ago.
Messi had earlier suggested that the Copa America was rigged towards Brazil and that the CONMEBOL was corrupt, causing the organization to release a strongly worded statement to refute the charges made by the Argentine.
Silva has had his say on the matter, suggesting that Messi had nothing to feel aggrieved about as he played the referees as well when Barcelona made an incredible comeback by winning 6-1 over PSG in the second leg of the UCL round of 16.
- Xavi: I want to coach Barca & would sign wingers like Neymar, Sancho & Gnabry
- Chelsea ‘enquire about Real Madrid’s Hakimi’ as Lampard looks to bolster options
- Juventus Players Agree to Significant Pay Cut During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Lampard says Hudson-Odoi has “fully recovered” from coronavirus.
- Vela says LAFC vetoed potential loan to Barcelona