Lionel Messi has become the first player in the history of Football to win Balloon d’Or award six times.
Messi’s victory marks his first Ballon d’Or nod since 2015 and moves him past Cristiano Ronaldo for the most all-time. It also puts Barcelona level with Real Madrid with seven total honors apiece for the Spanish giants.
Liverpool’s dominant center-back Virgil van Dijk finished second in the voting, while Ronaldo nabbed third just ahead of Sadio Mane
Messi had a stellar calendar year, guiding Barcelona to a Spanish title while also winning a sixth European Golden Shoe and La Liga’s Player of the Year for the eighth time in 11 years.
- Olympic boxing Six at London Olympic qualifier ‘test positive’ for coronavirus
- Three Man Utd players that have benefited most from Solskjaer’s arrival
- Juventus to offer Man Utd Dybala or Pjanic in Pogba transfer bid (Tuttosport)
- Xabi Alonso being similarly moulded to Gerrard for Liverpool return (Echo)
- Ajax talented midfielder, Nouri returns home after 32 months in coma