Paul Pogba didn’t know if he was “drunk” or “high” following his surgery, but did think apple juice was urine.
The Manchester United star went under the knife and posted an update on his Instagram once he had come back round.
Pogba’s mood and demeanour suggested he wasn’t quite with it which was underlined when he considered drinking his own urine.
“I thought I could drink my pee pee, it looks like apple juice,” he said.
United hope to have the Frenchman back in action as soon as possible with rumours about his future continuing to swirl while he remains absent.
But judging by Pogba’s Instagram story, getting back playing was the furthest thing from his mind as he was unable to comment on the success of his surgery.
He said: “Guys, I’m making a video on insta, I don’t even know if I’m ok or if I’m high or sober – I don’t look sober, don’t ask me if it went well because I don’t know
“I can’t really feel my toes but I’m still alive, that’s the good news.
“After the operation, we’ve still got the smile, we’re blessed, I’m still alive, everything went well. They gave me something, I don’t know what it was but it feels good!
- Xavi: I want to coach Barca & would sign wingers like Neymar, Sancho & Gnabry
- Chelsea ‘enquire about Real Madrid’s Hakimi’ as Lampard looks to bolster options
- Juventus Players Agree to Significant Pay Cut During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Lampard says Hudson-Odoi has “fully recovered” from coronavirus.
- Vela says LAFC vetoed potential loan to Barcelona