According to Skysports, a £20m bid for Bournemouth striker Joshua King was earlier rejected as United target cover in the absence of the injured Marcus Rashford, but their pursuit of the Norway international appears to have ended.
Tottenham also made their own late attempt to secure a loan deal for 30-year-old striker Ighalo from Shanghai Shenhua on Deadline Day.
However, a move to Spurs is not expected to materialise because if Ighalo does leave China he will go elsewhere, potentially to United before the deadline.
Ighalo is in pre-season training with Shenhua in China, but the new Chinese Super League season has been delayed due to the escalation of the Coronavirus.
- Liverpool incredibly sealed their qualification for the next CL
- Solskjaer avoid discussing Raiola’s comments with Pogba
- Roy Keane blast Arsenal ‘over the top’ celebration on Sunday
- Lampard angry with VAR decisions following their to Utd
- The Blues suffers their 3rd defeats to Utd this season (All Goals)